Born in Montréal in 1930
Yves Trudeau and graduated from the École des beaux-arts du Québec, and then starts his artistic career in the late ‘50s, where he will be known for his bronze sculptures. Winner of different art contests in Québec, in 1959 and 1962, he will present his work in many solo and collective exhibitions in Canada, United States and Europe. Trudeau also participated in many biennials across Europe and to different sculpture symposiums. His artworks are part of many major private and public collections, in Québec and abroad. Many of his works can be seen throughout Québec, including the Montréal metro Côte-Vertu, where his last work from the series Murs fermés et ouverts, called Relief, negatif, positif, is installed. It is also possible to admire his sculpture called Phare du Cosmos, made in 1967 as part of the Expo67, on the southwest tip of Île Sainte-Hélène. Involved in the development and promotion of arts and culture, Trudeau creates, in 1960, the Association des sculpteurs du Québec, nowadays called Conseil de la sculpture du Québec. Retired teacher at from UQÀM, Yves Trudeau is also a member of the Order of Canada and of the Royal Canadian Academy of Art.